Monday 24 June 2013

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Synopsis 
I’m pushing aside 
the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana 
and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

My Review 
I started to read Pandemonium as soon as I finished Delirium because I loved Delirium so much, but I wasn't so happy. Don't get me wrong I do like Pandemonium but it did not hit me with amazing things like Delirium did. First off, we had no idea what happened to Alex like the last 3 pages like hello and in the mean time Lena was getting close to someone else. 
I have a big hate for Love triangles they just really get on my nerves but some books I can handle them, this is not one of them. I dislike the character of Julian, and I have no idea why, he just got on my nerves when ever he was just annoying me. But lets get over all that. I love the way Lauren Oliver writes, it draws me in, and makes me want to read more and more. I loved the introduction of these new characters, and the new setting, it was very intriguing and I wanted to know more about the outside. I also like the surprise we get on the way I won't tell you what they are, for those who have not read it yet. I did get a little confused with the now and then, but then I got used to it. I did give this a 4 out of 5 starts because I did like it, just not as much as Delirium. 




No comments:

Post a Comment