Monday 1 July 2013

Book Review: City of Bones by Casandra Clare


Synopsis 
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . 


My Review 

wow, what else can I say. I loved City of Bones so much, it drew me in from the first page and I could not out it down. I loved the way Cassandra Clare's writing captivated me. It brought me into the whole new world of Shadowhunters and demons. Even thought it was set in  New York it felt like i was in a whole different world. We first come to met Clary one of our main characters whom I came to like thought out the whole book, I like her character, even though she is 'weak' she is also very strong. Simon and  I love him but then I don't love him, maybe that is because  I love Jace so much. I love Jace's Characterisation, he is a dick head at times, but then he cares a hell of alot about the ones he loves and would do anything for them. Jace at times in City of Bones does get me a little frustrated but oh well. Now to Isabelle Lightwood, at first I hated her, her attitude just got onto my nerves a lot but as the books went on I grew to love her. I loved Alex Lightwood from the Start even though he hated Clary, I understand why. I loved the way Cassandra brought froth Alec, he may not have killed any demons but he comes forward as a strong character to me. I love Cassandra Clare's writing, City of Bones was beautifully written. An Oh my gosh the twist and turns and just wow! I would have never guessed some of them, just omg. I love the Character of Magnus Bane just he is amazing haha, I love the characterisation and I love the way her acts. Now on to Valentine Morgenstern, what a perfect villain he is, the way he acts, the way her talks, and my hatred for him, just a perfect villain. Cassandra's descriptions of everything in City of Bones, From places to Characters was just brilliant. I could go on and on about it. I love the story line of the whole book it was refreshing and different and I loved it. And all I can say is The Bloody Ending OMG! 

I give City of Bones by Cassandra Clare a 4 out of 5 Star 







No comments:

Post a Comment